Mishaps with Audio Recording


      This is a short follow-up to my sound recording post I made about the recording process for one of the scenes,specifically the insert shot.
      After I finished recording the walking audio,I then thought about an ambiance-like sound,something I could implement into the beginning scene or even the same insert shot if needed.My first thought was to record the soft sound of the overhead fan inside my grandparents' living room for almost a pulsating,breath-like sound.Unfortunately,after I listened to the audio recording,the sound of the running AC in the living room overpowered the softer sound of the fan,leaving the recording with just that humming you'd hear in a recording like that.As I'm typing this currently,I'm trying to think of any sort of alternatives in terms of ambiance.I could always just have my phone be recording out in my backyard,but it would have ti be under the right conditions and during the right time of day.Meaning I don't want to accidentally record a passing car or my neighbors outside,breaking that immersion for the overall sound.So that's option 1.Option 2 would simply be going back to my grandparents to record there.That would be the preferred option for me since their property is fairly secluded and away from any additional noise,like I previously described.I might book a date to go back there,maybe this weekend,to finalize some recordings as well as finalizing the shooting sessions,to complete the production aspect (finally).

Comments

Popular Posts