Tips for a Good Film Pitch


      I'll mainly dedicate this blog as something to help not only myself,but to any others that may be struggling with how to pitch a film idea to a production company.For additional information that isn't listed here,I'll leave a link to a website which I used to help write this as well as implement these ideas to my own pitch,trying to make it as comprehensible and authentic as possible.

1) Do NOT sell your whole story:If you try to tell out every minute plot detail and character description,you'll end up making the pitch too lengthy and possibly bore your audience.Make sure to only include the most important details of your idea.

2) Reveal how you came to the idea of your project: This way,you'll draw your buyer into your project more as titles are fairly meaningless if you start with them in your pitch.

3) Leave the buyer in suspense: This way,it'll leave the buyer something fresh and new to expect,bringing them to more likely fund your project.

      There are more elaborate ways to pitch your idea but I didn't want to completely copy the source I used for reference so here,I simply laid out a few general and basic tips that anyone can implement into their own pitch for a film idea or really any other medium.

Comments

Popular Posts