Angling and Shooting (Specifically Insert Shot)


      I'll most likely end up making this topic into two separate posts just to keep continuity.Like I prefaced in my previous post,I wanted to talk more about the insert shot that I touched upon.For light background information,our entire opening will mainly 95% of the "cliche rom-com" style of filming,the reasoning for the "thriller/horror undertones".Because of this,the including insert shot of the fast-paced figure running,seemingly towards where the actor is located,this will be the focal point of representing those horror aspects.
      Now,for more added detail (as much as I can put it into words),the shot will be a near-ground level angle,it being shot in handheld,of a figure's shoes running through a grassy/forest area.This would likely be shot at night,to preserve that suspenseful feeling.But if somehow that did not turn out how I envisioned it,I can easily color-correct the scene to be any darker or lighter that I would need it to be.

Reference image:

Comments

Popular Posts