Thoughts on Teen Film Movie Posters


      For this post I decided to take a look at various teen film movie posters to get an idea for our own,if we ever needed one.And I've come to the realization that a lot of teen film posters have a lot of aspects about their design in common which each other.From what I've seen,about 99% of the posters for various teen films all feature the main character or characters prominently on the front.Now this is common for most movie genres,if not all.Personally,I feel as if just plainly putting your main character on the front of the poster for the film (without any sort of artistic implications) is a fairly cheap way to create a poster for your film.But for teen films,it doesn't necessarily bother me.I think this may be because of the overall premise of teen films.The plot lines for teen films are,in themselves,pretty simple.Most teen films take place in high school so the plot doesn't need to veer outside of that setting,almost making the high school setting a restriction (if those sort of plotlines are your thing).So having the film poster for a teen film being just the protagonists doesn't seem all that bad.
      But that also brings up the question "what makes a good movie poster?" which I'll save for a later post.Following this post I want to make a separate post to highlight a few examples of various teen film posters.Hopefully you'll be able to see what I'm referring to by their simplistic styling.

Comments

Popular Posts