Sound Recording


      Remember that insert shot I previously stated? Well,over this past weekend I was visiting my grandparents to help set up for an event they were hosting.While I was aimlessly walking around their property,I had noticed that when I walked through a more grassy and leaf covered area,it made a fairly good quality "ominous" style of walking.After I noticed that,I thought this would be a perfect sound byte for our insert shot with the walking figure.So,what I did was grab my iPhone and for the recordings,I used the voice memo app to record the sounds.Luckily the audio is clearer than it would be if recording inside because there wasn't any wind or AC to create a low,humming background noise.But I realized I couldn't simply lay the phone on the ground to record,the grass or the vibrations from my walking could interfere with the recording.I needed something to prop up my phone off the ground.Luckily and funnily enough,I was drinking a bottle of diet citrus tea,so I laid the bottle down on the ground horizontally and rested my phone on-top of it,having the microphone pointed to where I'd be walking.Once I had it set up,I walked in place for around 10 seconds,giving me enough room for error in case the sound was too short for the scene.After finishing the first recording,I realized that I might need to record at least one more recording in case I decided: "Maybe I want the figure to run at a pace faster than normal." Well in the event of that happening,I recorded another session of me walking in place but this time at a slightly faster pace.Not necessarily running but more or less "speed walking" I guess.
      In the following post,I'll make sure to post the actual recordings for the sounds for everyone to see.Hopefully they both get posted correctly and if not,I'll be sure to fix that as soon as I can.

Comments

Popular Posts